- A growing, active Christian
- Supports Mennonite belief and practice
- Enjoys working with youth
- Caring, enthusiastic, flexible, energetic & resourceful
- Appreciates nature
- 18 years or older to work with youth
- Summer Program Leadership
- Counseling Staff
- Campout Leader
- Wilderness Director & Staff
- Health Director
- Office Staff
- Food Service Staff
- Housekeeping Staff
- Maintenance Staff
Additional positions in conjunction with a primary position in the above list include:
- Worship/Music Leader
- Arts & Crafts Leader
- Nature Leader
- Child Care (family camps)
SUMMER CAMP SCHEDULE
Rocky Mountain Mennonite Camp offers a variety of camps during the summer including resident camps, wilderness camps, and family camps. Serving Guest groups through the summer is an additional part of the ministry at RMMC.
Sr. High Resident / Grade 6&7 Wilderness I
Grade 8&9 Resident / Grade 6&7 Wilderness II
June 25- July 1
Grade 6&7 Resident / Grade 8&9 Wilderness I
Grade 4&5 Resident / Grade 8&9 Wilderness II
Summer Staff Retreat
Camp Rocky (guest group) / Custom Wilderness
Camp Pike (guest group)
Grade 3 Resident
Family Camp I
Sr. High Wilderness I
July 30 - Aug 4
Family Camp II
July 30 - Aug 5
Sr. High Wilderness II
Colorado Roots Music Camp (guest group)
All staff are asked to start on the Sunday of Staff Orientation. The summer camp season ends with the August Colorado Roots Music Camp. At the end of the resident youth camps, program staff will transition into support staff roles. Partial summer commitments are welcomed and will be considered on a case by case basis. Applications will be accepted until all positions for all 10 weeks are met.
APPLICATION & HIRING
- Interested staff members must submit a completed application form (new summer staff or returning summer staff) which can be done online or by downloading the electronic file.
- Provide the confidential personal reference form to your three references.
- Applications are complete when the application and ALL three references are received.
- Please note an interview may be part of the application process. Hiring decisions will be made on a case by case basis with the goal of having all positions filled by mid March. Contact camp for available positions after March 15th.
- Once your application is received, we will keep in touch about receiving your three references. When all three are received, we will then be able to consider your application.
- If offered a position, we will send information to submit for a required background check. Please be aware that information obtained from the background check may disqualify you from employment.
The rewards of working in a camp ministry are certainly abundant even though the pay isn’t. Rocky Mountain offers compensation including housing, food, and worker’s compensation insurance. Health insurance is not available through camp. Salary is offered as follows:
- First-time employees: $125 per week (w/ meals & housing $425 per week)
- Meals & housing value: $300 per week
- Leadership positions: $150-$175 per week (w/ meals & housing $450-$475 per week)
- Returning staff bonus: $10 per week (year 2), $20 per week (year 3)
As it relates to expectations of dress, tattoos and piercings of our staff, Rocky Mountain wishes to place emphasis on the camp community and individual character rather than on appearances that can be distracting. Our sensitivity and responsibility as role models to the community (campers, guests, volunteers and staff of all ages) will guide decisions about appearances, asking staff and volunteers to be understanding in fulfilling these camp ministry goals.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF OTHERS & YOURSELF
- Be a Christian Role Model
- Encourage persons natural abilities
- Facilitate happy and meaningful memories
- Experience the fulfillment of serving others
- Enjoy the camaraderie of fellow staff
- Challenge yourself in the adventure of the Colorado Rockies
- Grow spiritually in relationship with God and God's people
Rocky Mountain Mennonite Camp is an equal opportunity service provider and permittee of the Pike and San Isabel National Forests.